Wednesday 22 August 2012

...And I hate you


And I hate you.

Because you dare to threaten me
With your weakness.

Because you are
Too human to ignore,
Grubbing out an existence from the dirt,
Making babies, making noise,
Demanding that I notice
Your existence.

Just who the hell do you think you are?

Go back to your sewers, crawl in the slime
Where you belong. Don’t raise your head
And ask to be noticed. You
Have no right to blight my future
By thrusting yourself into my world.

You are what is wrong with the world today
You stink of poverty, of failure,
Of the end of hope.

Simply put
I have a future.
You don’t.

You may think you are undefeated
Because of your weakness
You will be always there
Like the rats in the walls.

But rats, that is what you are,
What you will remain.
And we know how to take care of rats.

Get out, or be trampled down
The choice is yours
To live by my word, or to die.

Keep in the shadows,
And I might let you live.
Get lost, Disappear. Vanish.
You lost, and I won. I own it all
You’re a trespasser in my world.

And I hate you.



Copyright B Purkayastha 2012

6 comments:

  1. I wouldn't want to be the person/people you are aiming this at. Powerful stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I hadn't read it. One can't argue with it, one can't live with it, and now I even can't ignore it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He hates because he fears, and he fears because this man lying in the dirt reminds him that the bedrock of his life is but a thin crust above the abyss into which any one of us could fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'd love to read bill's reply to this...smiles..

      Delete
  4. fabulously stunning write...weird really because i have been doing so much street photography and trying to grapple with my true emotions of it all and write about it...

    ReplyDelete

Full comment moderation is enabled on this site, which means that your comment will only be visible after the blog administrator (in other words, yours truly) approves it. The purpose of this is not to censor dissenting viewpoints; in fact, such viewpoints are welcome, though it may lead to challenges to provide sources and/or acerbic replies (I do not tolerate stupidity).

The purpose of this moderation is to eliminate spam, of which this blog attracts an inordinate amount. Spammers, be warned: it takes me less time to delete your garbage than it takes for you to post it.

Proceed.