Sunday 19 January 2014

Civil War




Yesterday
It all seems so far away
My brother and I used to play
Football in the street
Yesterday. 

Today
Blood is in the street
Where we used to play
And he plays football with severed heads
My brother
Today. 

Yesterday
Our love was like the sun of day
Now I see hate in his eyes
My brother, who was my friend
Does not know me
Today. 

Tomorrow, I tell myself
Will be another day
And my brother will be
As he was yesterday
And I sometimes almost believe it
Today. 

Tomorrow
Will be another day
Better than today
Perhaps, perhaps
As good as yesterday. 




Copyright B Purkayastha 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full comment moderation is enabled on this site, which means that your comment will only be visible after the blog administrator (in other words, yours truly) approves it. The purpose of this is not to censor dissenting viewpoints; in fact, such viewpoints are welcome, though it may lead to challenges to provide sources and/or acerbic replies (I do not tolerate stupidity).

The purpose of this moderation is to eliminate spam, of which this blog attracts an inordinate amount. Spammers, be warned: it takes me less time to delete your garbage than it takes for you to post it.

Proceed.