Thursday 22 January 2015

Woman Much Missed

"Woman much missedhow you call to me, call to me" ~ Thomas Hardy, The Voice 


Title: Woman Much Missed
Material: Acrylic on Plaster of Paris
This is a new technique for me. I poured a sheet of dental plaster, carved it while it was still softish, and then painted it with acrylic. The obverse side, having hardened on a sheet of laminated paper, is glass-smooth and I'll use that too for another painting.
This is a photo of the painting. Because of the uneven surface it did not scan well.

Copyright B Purkayastha 2015 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full comment moderation is enabled on this site, which means that your comment will only be visible after the blog administrator (in other words, yours truly) approves it. The purpose of this is not to censor dissenting viewpoints; in fact, such viewpoints are welcome, though it may lead to challenges to provide sources and/or acerbic replies (I do not tolerate stupidity).

The purpose of this moderation is to eliminate spam, of which this blog attracts an inordinate amount. Spammers, be warned: it takes me less time to delete your garbage than it takes for you to post it.

Proceed.