Thursday 7 May 2015

Me

What am I today? If you ask, I can't give an answer.

I can only say,

I tried to be me.

Maybe I failed.

But I tried.

Surely, that counts for something.

Or doesn't.

Entropy marches on

After all.



I am an agglomeration of almost totally empty space held in its shape by electron repulsion. When I die, all that will cease to exist is a particular arrangement of almost totally empty space held in a specific shape by electron repulsion. 

That is all we are. That is all our hopes and loves and aspirations are. A matter of electric charges.

Peace and happiness on you all.

1 comment:

  1. "That is all we are." And yet I am more. And so are you.

    ReplyDelete

Full comment moderation is enabled on this site, which means that your comment will only be visible after the blog administrator (in other words, yours truly) approves it. The purpose of this is not to censor dissenting viewpoints; in fact, such viewpoints are welcome, though it may lead to challenges to provide sources and/or acerbic replies (I do not tolerate stupidity).

The purpose of this moderation is to eliminate spam, of which this blog attracts an inordinate amount. Spammers, be warned: it takes me less time to delete your garbage than it takes for you to post it.

Proceed.